PASTOR CAREY ANDERSON
READY TO LEAD
Senior Pastor, First African Methodist Episcopal (FAME) Church, Auburn & Seattle
Member, King County Regional Homelessness Authority Implementation Board
Chair, FAME Equity Alliance of Western Washington
Chair, Martin Luther King FAME Community Center
PREPARED TO SERVE
Doctor of Ministry,
St. Paul School of Theology
Master of Divinity, Pacific School of
Bachelor of Arts, Speech Communications, California State University, Hayward
A PROUD 30TH DISTRICT FAMILY
Pastor Carey Anderson is happily married to Dr. Phyllis Gearring-Anderson, a board-certified Nurse Practitioner and University of Washington Alumna
Pastor and Dr. Anderson have lived in Federal Way for 17 years.
The Anderson's have three adult children, four grandchildren, and three adorable cats.
Angela Rye, national political commentator and attorney, is Special Guest at First AME Church.
Pastor Carey Anderson leading the Trayvon Martin Citywide Community March, 2012
Pastor Carey Anderson leading the Michael Brown march with other pastors and community leaders.
Pastor Carey Anderson leads the protest against the shootings at Mother Emanuel AME Church, Charleston, SC 2015
Pastor Carey Anderson at George Floyd protests in CHOP
Pastor Carey Anderson stands with Union Workers
Rev. Dr. Carey G. Anderson is the Senior Minister of First AME Church, Seattle, Washington, where he has served since November 2004. Prior to his appointment at FAME, Pastor Anderson was Pastor of St. Paul AME Church in Wichita, Kansas from 2000-2004, and had been the Pastor of Bethel AME Church in Reno, Nevada from 1984 to 2000.
Pastor Anderson holds a B.A. Degree from California State University, Hayward; a Master of Divinity Degree from Pacific School of Religion Theological Seminary, Berkeley, CA; and a Doctor of Ministry Degree from St. Paul School of Theology, Kansas City, Missouri.
Pastor Anderson has a substance abuse counseling certification through the National Association for Addiction Professionals, his Program Administrator certification through the Bureau of Alcohol and Drug Abuse, State of Nevada, and his teaching credential in the State of Nevada.
• National Association for Addiction Professionals
• Teaching Credential – Washoe County, State of Nevada
• Pacific Northwest Conference of the AME Church,
5th Episcopal District
Programs Started During his Leadership:
• FAME Equity Alliance of Western Washington
• MLK FAME Community Center, Seattle, WA
• Let’s Get Moving, FAME Seattle, WA
• Dementia and Alzheimer’s in the Black Community Initiative
• 30th Legislative District Democrats
• Democrats for Diversity and Inclusion
• Washington Equity Now Alliance
• Seattle Chapter Poor People’s Campaign
• City of Seattle's Equitable Communities Initiative Task Force
• Communities of Concern, Executive Committee Vice Chair
• King County Regional Homelessness Authority
• King County Public Health Partnerships
• United Black Christian Clergy of Western Washington
• Rev. Dr. Samuel Berry McKinney Coalition
• MLK Gandhi Initiative
Articles & Publications
• Voices from the Pulpit, State of Washington
• Christian Recorder, AME Church Official Organ
Awards & Citation Acknowledgements:
• NAACP – Freedom Award Citation
• Pastor of the Year Award – 2006; 2010
• City of Seattle – Rev. Carey G. Anderson Day
Proclamation by Mayor Greg Nichols
• Northwest Black Pioneers Award 2007
• Seattle Roots Committee Award, 2011.